Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful




It's that time of the year again!  Since 2011 is coming to an end very soon, I thought I would list my top eleven things I am thankful for.  I have them listed in numerical order but it's not a ranking system.  I am just listing them as I go.

1. Parents:  My mother had a stroke on the eve of Thanksgiving a few years back and I am grateful she is still around and delivering her smile upon us every day.  As a teacher, my father has been an inspiration.  My writing and speaking skills are a reflection of what I learned from him.  They both put up with a lot of shenanigans, especially during my high school years.  

2. Tracy: The love of my life.  She has helped me so much.  In personal growth as well as my business.  She has a way of lifting a person up when they get down or are having a bad day.  Waking up next to her every morning is like waking up and finding a gift at your bedside. 

3. Working from home:  There is nothing like heading downstairs to the studio in your flannel pajama pants and your hair standing straight up.

4. My voice:  I have been blessed with a good speaking and singing voice.  I am very grateful for these abilities and I continue to work hard on these skills every day.

5. Coffee:  I don't think I could live without it!  Coffee with cream is awful for your voice but I have to admit, I cheat a little.  There's nothing better than waking up to a beautiful sunrise or a lovely snowfall and sippin' on that first cup of coffee!

6. Facebook:  Without it, I wouldn't have at least a dozen of my clients and I wouldn't be with Tracy.  Tracy and I had gone to high school together and we reconnected on facebook!

7. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm:  Next to electricity, this might be the greatest invention of all time!  I'm not sure if I could survive without my Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm!  For those of you who still use Chapstick, you are allowing the best things in life to pass you by!  

8. Neumann TLM-103:  One of my best friends in the world is my studio microphone!  We were made for each other.  It has been responsible for a multitude of voiceover projects and I will take it to my grave!

9. Family:  I am grateful for my family and Tracy's family.  They make living life such a joy on a daily basis.  We don't always agree on everything but that is what makes it fun and keeps life interesting.

10. Friends: I am honored to have so many friends not only in the voice-over industry but close friends who I have known for quite a few years now.  They were there for me when I went through my divorce, when my mother had a stroke and on days where I am feeling a little down.  As a die hard Minnesota sports fan, you need good friends to help you cope with the disappointment!  Lol! 

11. Pets:  My dog Kaytee has been a staple in this house since 2003 and with the addition of Tracy's cat, Huckleberry, they are about as entertaining as a good sitcom!  A couple of true characters that entertain us on a daily basis. 

It's always tough to come up with just ten or eleven!  Feel free to comment with your own lists.  I would love to read some of yours as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Emily said...

A very nice list Terry! I am right there with ya on the coffee. I really don't know how I'd get by. Sad but true. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Terry Daniel said...

Thanks Emily! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family!

steve stroud said...

I'm thankful for the keen ability to see thru someone's high-falootin' bulls#@t...and I'm seein' thru yours mister... jk...keep enjoyin' life to the fullest Terry and I'll keep drinkin' whiskey! Stroud

Paul Strikwerda said...

I'm thankful for colleagues like you, Terry!

You embody what it's like to be a true professional on so many levels.

Your optimism is contagious and your support is inspirational.

Thank you!

Terry Daniel said...

Thanks Paul! I appreciate that and we'll see you very soon in NYC!

Becki said...

Coffee is the elixir of the gods...couldn't survive corporate America or my life without it.

Sam Smith said...

Much agreed, Terry! Enjoy your Mom and Dad while they are here. I really miss mine, especially this time of year.

Rockmondo55 said...

Thanks Terry. I'm grateful for forgiveness, family and frineds. Good health, job and neighbors. And for you being a new friend who assisting me with my voiceover career. All the best, Tony

Marvin Hansen said...

Thanks for sharing Terry. I hope yours was as good as mine. I have one to add. I am thankful for my children. I have four that are truely one of lifes rewards.